Places to check out when visiting Denmark

As I think you all know by now, I had the opportunity to live one year in Denmark (wondering why? Click here πŸ˜‰)and during this period I took advantage of weekends and little breaks to visit the country. Denmark is not a big country so, if you have the possibility, I would strongly recommend to plan a road – trip there, I believe danish landscapes and nature are the biggest treasure of the country!

Below, I made a list of the places which you should definitely check out whenever you’re there πŸ™‚

1 | Ribe

Ribe is a little town in the south-west Jutland Region. What I liked most of this place is that it give me the idea of being a typical danish environment: cozy coloured houses one near each other, with cutely decorated doors. Quiet and well maintained streets which all bring to one of the main attraction: the Cathedral. Β I would definitely recommend to visit Ribe if you want a taste of (what I define as) calm-everyday living danish life style.

2 | Skagen

Skagen

Skagen isΒ the northern point of Denmark where the two seas (the North Sea and the Baltic Sea) meet. You couldn’t believe how much visible that line between the two seas is visible!
But if you want to know more and see other pictures, I have written this post about this beautiful place and the road trip I did to reach it πŸ˜‰

3 | The Men at Sea

IMG_3261

The Men at Sea are four 9 meter tall white statues positioned seafront in the little town of Esbjerg. I went there during a wonderful sunny Sunday and the statues were literally shining. The feeling you have when you stand beside them is quite awkward, you feel so small and powerless, but I guess this was the meaning the artist who created them wanted to give πŸ˜‰

[Little note: I’m sorry that from the picture you can’t really see how big they are, unfortunately I’ve lost the ones I wanted to post… but I hope that still, you get the idea that it’s worth a visit! πŸ˜‰ ]

[Extra little note: Danish typical wind + seaside typical wind = it’s a miracle we managed to not be blew away while jumping πŸ˜€ ]

4 | Copenhagen

10722801_10204989770043123_1756370919_o

Of course you can’t miss visiting the capital of Denmark! Because of this I wrote a specific post about what you must-see when you’re there and I can assure you that it’s definitely a city worth a visit πŸ™‚

Unfortunately danish public transport is quite expensive but it is so easy and enjoyable to rent a bike anywhere! Otherwise, if you want to travel from a city to another I suggest to just rent a car. As stated before, Denmark is not too big so the hours you would spend travelling from a place to place are not long! πŸ™‚

Have you ever been to Denmark? Which are your favourite places you’ve visited? πŸ™‚

Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | YoutubeΒ | Bloglovin

Thank you Lisa!! What a neat group of resources for visiting Denmark! I had no idea that Copenhagen was so beautiful, and the photo of you and your friend jumping with the white statues is so happy. πŸ™‚ Blessings.

15/07/2016 at 23:50
  • Reply Deboleena

Skagen looks really beautiful 😍

16/07/2016 at 2:51

Oh yes it is!! Unfortunately the picture can’t capture all the beauty but once you’re there you are amazed! πŸ™‚

16/07/2016 at 7:41
  • Reply Olaf

I like Denmark

16/07/2016 at 3:51
  • Reply Elien

I would love to visit Denmark, thank you for this amazing post.

16/07/2016 at 9:46
  • Reply Silvia Demick

I went to Denmark with my parents ages ago – must have been when I was 14 or 15. Still, I remember the trip, and I remember falling in love with the country, especially with the most isolated spots, like Skagen. We’ve also been to a remote place where there was a lighthouse that’s no longer in use because the wind from the sea has created some kind of hill that prevents the light to be seen from the ships. Or at least that’s what I remember, but there’s no way I can come up with the name of the place. Ever heard about it, by any chance?

16/07/2016 at 19:50

Yesss I’ve been there it’s called Rubjerg Knude Lighthouse! I’ts wonderful, I’ve even mentioned it in this post http://www.fromdreamtoplan.net/2016/04/21/490/
      Thank you for reading and commenting Silvia! πŸ™‚

17/07/2016 at 8:05
      • Reply Silvia Demick

Wow, this is the lighthouse I’ve been to so many years ago! Now it’s on the list of the places I want to go back to 😍

18/07/2016 at 22:13

Yes it’s really beautiful and the view you have from there is stunning! I also would like to go back one day! πŸ˜‰

19/07/2016 at 9:24
  • Reply Dakota D.

If I am ever in the area I will definitely keep these places in mind! Thanks for sharing darling.

❀︎
    Dakota D.
    Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter: @missdsquared413

17/07/2016 at 21:53
  • Reply Adelina :D

This is better than tripadvisor πŸ˜€ I also nominated you for the handwriting tag πŸ˜€ As always, you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to πŸ’• https://thelivingmeblog.wordpress.com/?p=973

18/07/2016 at 6:22
  • Reply Rachel

I love your blog!!! It looks amazing and is very easy to find things!! Your photos are also very clear and I love your content!!! Keep up the great work πŸ™‚

18/07/2016 at 7:00
  • Reply Pooja @lostinprettyeurope

Lovely post! I have been only in Copenhagen and I really liked it. I would like to see Jutland, but Denmark is too expensive for me to travel there anytime soon. πŸ™‚

18/07/2016 at 13:35

Thank you! Happy you liked it!
      Ohh yeah unfortunately Denmark is quite expensive! πŸ™ Hopefully one day you’ll manage to go ❀️

18/07/2016 at 15:19
  • Reply Angie

Lovely pictures! Never been yet, but we intend to visit or stay there soon for our future sojourn.

18/07/2016 at 18:42
  • Reply Marissa_My Greece, My Travels blog

Denmark is definitely on my bucket list. Nice post πŸ˜€

21/07/2016 at 16:58
  • Reply Christina

I really liked your post! unfortunately I wasn’t really able to travel much in Denmark in my first study year, but I definitely want to travel a bit next summer – explore more cities than just CPH πŸ™‚ so I’ll definitely remember your post and maybe check out some of your tips πŸ˜‰

25/07/2016 at 16:55
  • Reply Tanja (the Red phone box travels)

maybe one day… πŸ™‚

27/07/2016 at 16:01
  • Reply Amanda

Absolutely amazing.

21/08/2016 at 0:08
  • Reply Katja

I want to to thank you for this great read!! I absolutely loved
    every little bit of it. I have got you saved as a favorite to
    check out new stuff you post…

08/09/2016 at 21:53