Why I Will Never Betray My Agenda Obsession

Today I’m going to share with you one of my biggest obsessions: planners!
As I told you here, I love planning & being organised and of course, the essential feature for me to manage everything is my agenda.

Now, I know that a big debate could be done here because nowadays many people do not conceive having an actual agenda made of paper since technology has substituted this, as many other objects, providing us with online calendars, apps and many other things which I probably do not even know. Indeed, I can’t state that online agendas are useless or not practical, I also take advantage of them (for example for uni stuff) but, I’m sorry technology people,Β I will never betray my material agenda.

Firstly because, Β it’s not just a planner, it’s a memory item. We all know that an agenda is an item where you write down your appointments and tasks.. but what if we have special events that we like to remember over the years? I usually never throw away my agenda when the year is ended and it happened more than once that I have consulted old planners to remember or compare the exact date of an event, for example. Instead, last year I used two pages to stick tickets of the travels I did during the year .

2016-07-09 21.37.00

Of course I can’t keep all the planners I had but I usually keep the ones of the last 2 years and the ones which I’m really proud of.

Yes, because some of them are a work in progress to be proud of. When you first buy an agenda or a simple notebook it’s empty and “naked”, maybe it has already some decorations but for a diy addicted like me, it is such an enjoyment to further decorate them or insert special items to make it more personalised or useful.

This year for example, I have added this nice paper pocket (see pictures above), really handy for little pieces of papers or business cards that you always want to have with you.

Another simple but effective item that I use is washi-tape, last year I’ve used it on the cover page of my Moleskine while this year I’ve used inside to sign special events or days (like holidays πŸ˜‰ )

photo_2016-07-21_11-26-30

[If right now you’re thinking “Isn’t this decorating stuff expensive?” click here and all your doubts will be erased πŸ˜‰ ]

Until now, I have always used Moleskine Agenda because I liked the idea of deciding if decorating it by myself or leave it neat. Every year I’m attracted to try a new one (there are so many nice planners 😍) but I always end up buying this one for the stated reasons.

Next year I’d like to have two so who knows, it could be the year I finally try a new kind of planner!

Are you a planner addicted too? Do you have any suggestions? Which one are you using at the moment and why do you like it? I’m curious and interested to know! πŸ™‚

Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | YoutubeΒ | Bloglovin

Hi Lisa, thank you for this post!! I LOVE planners πŸ™‚ There’s something about getting a blank planner, it’s like a fresh start. And writing in it feels so real and grounding – and fun – for me.
    Sometimes I think about going back to my mobile calendar, b/c it’s so quick and easy, and so far I haven’t done it. So good to know that you love them too.
    I really adore the little pocket thing you created in the front! Good work, Lisa <3
    Blessings your way and to all your planners too.

26/07/2016 at 4:08

I have the same feeling about blank planners! And yes, I totally feel you about going back to the mobile one πŸ™‚
      Thank you very much Debbie for reading and for your lovely comment πŸ™‚ Have a nice day!

26/07/2016 at 7:58
  • Reply Angela Bless Friis CassΓΈe

I super love planners! I am addicted to it. Sometimes I have 2 in a year. Hahaha. Although I have a paper version, I also have a hand carry in my mobile for work purposes. πŸ™‚

26/07/2016 at 6:35

Yes right?! Once you enter this world you just get so addicted! πŸ˜€
      Ahh yes, mobile ones are also really useful! πŸ˜‰

26/07/2016 at 7:56
  • Reply marisa

I think i need a planner πŸ€” Yep i do 😁

26/07/2016 at 8:52
  • Reply Wendy

I completely agree and would be lost without my handwritten planner. I’m also obsessed with notebooks – I have them dotted all around my house to jot down some ‘inspiring’ reminders or action plans etc. I think they are breeding…. x

26/07/2016 at 10:03
  • Reply Pooja @lostinprettyeurope

Great post! I have recently started using a notebook myself. It’s a general notebook where I pretty much write down everything like To-do list, Travel ideas and so on. I do prefer the traditional way to the digital ones, because I hardly get to write anymore. πŸ™‚

26/07/2016 at 10:31

Oh that’s great! Yes I totally feel you, nowadays with phone, pc and tablets we write definitely less!
      Thank you for reading and commenting πŸ™‚

26/07/2016 at 13:23
  • Reply Viivi Severina

We share obsession because I would not live without my planners! πŸ˜€ And I just wanted to tell that I nominated you for Sunshine Blogger Award because you seem like amazing person πŸ™‚ http://www.viiviseverina.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/shunshine-blogger-award

26/07/2016 at 14:28

Ahh that’s great finding people with same passions 😍
      Omg thank you so much, that’s such a lovely thing, I’ll check it right now! πŸ™‚

26/07/2016 at 15:02
  • Reply Valerie

I love your agenda! I’m very picky about agendas. It needs to be big enough but too much, the right texture, colors, and lines. But yours has character. It’s a personal gem! A real inspiration!! Plus, it’s true that we don’t use our pens enough anymore! I remember when we used to decorate our school agendas with logos of our fav bands, quotes, pics of friends, and we just let our imagination run wild. Our agendas are our little personal havens πŸ™‚
    Thanks for the post!

26/07/2016 at 16:51

Oh thank you Valerie, your comment made my day!! ❀️
      Yesss exactly!! hahah I did that too with my school agendas, I was so proud at the end of the year when seeing all the stickers, decorations and quotes I had collected through the year πŸ˜€

26/07/2016 at 20:21
  • Reply Johanna

Planners are so pretty! And so much fun!! πŸ™‚ I currently have a cute watermelon-coloured one from Kikki.K, and I love love love it! It’s also full of cool inspirational quotes and stuff, so it’s pretty awesome!

26/07/2016 at 22:31

Yess I completely agree with you Johanna! Ohh I’ve seen those planner in the UK, they are so pretty and full of colours! Cool to know that they also have quotes (I LOVE quotes!!), I’ll go check their website πŸ˜‰ Thanks for reading and for commenting! πŸ™‚

26/07/2016 at 22:56
  • Reply Vilma

I used to love them too but guess what, I am mostly using my mobile calendar nowadays!!!! If it can happen to me…??? πŸ˜‰

27/07/2016 at 20:55

Ahh well I do not blame you! But who knows, maybe one day you’ll start re-using it again! πŸ˜‰

27/07/2016 at 21:52
  • Reply Shelly Najjar

Oh my gosh! I also can’t get rid of my pen and paper planner. I put most of my 8am-5pm work tasks on my Google calendar because I’m on the computer for that time, but for other things I still like to have the pen and paper versions of everything: notebooks, sticky notes, journals, and my planner. Writing things helps me think about them more. And then, like you and a lot of the other comments, I love keeping them if I need to look back, because the planner never is just a planner!

28/07/2016 at 22:28

Yes exactly!! This is what I also do!! Ahh it’s such a pleasure knowing there are other people “planner addicted” which can totally understand you! Thanks for your comment Shelly πŸ™‚

28/07/2016 at 23:19
  • Reply Sean

Have you looked at bulletjournal.com? Changed my life. He’s made some changes to it that I don’t 100% agree with, so I don’t follow them, but it’s still good stuff.

28/07/2016 at 23:25
  • Reply Deby

I’m so happy to find other people who enjoy writing a good old planner πŸ˜€
    I’ve been writing on them since high school and I still got them ! Now they’re like my own personal memorabilia.
    I’m kinda picky when it comes to choosing planner too. I love moleskines too but have you tried Korean planners? They’re so cute and quiet nice to write on too!

09/08/2016 at 23:47

I’m glad to have found other agenda lovers too! Thank you so much for commenting!I totally feel you aboout keeping your old agendas! πŸ™‚
      No I didn’t, but now that you say this I’m curious to try! Thank you for the suggestion πŸ˜‰

10/08/2016 at 7:56
  • Reply giusy

Ciao Lisa, che meraviglia il tuo blog. Che bello poter girare il mondo come lo stai facendo tu. Anch’io amo viaggiare e cucinare! Ti seguirΓ² con piacere….dimenticavo anch’io sono per l’agenda tradizionale cartacea…anche se amo la tecnologia, l’agenda, come dicevi tu diventa un pezzo di vita, a volte un diario… A presto! πŸ™‚

12/08/2016 at 12:33

Grazie mille Giusy per il tuo gentile commento! Mi fa molto piacere ti piaccia il mio blog e che abbiamo non solo la creaativitΓ  ma anche altre passioni in comune! Felice di aver trovato te e il tuo blog πŸ™‚ Ah e mi fa anche piacere sentire che anche tu sei una fan delle agende!! πŸ™‚

12/08/2016 at 13:39
  • Reply Laila

I always come across planners decorated like this on instagram and it really makes me want to have my own. I’m into Bullet Journaling at the moment. I’ve been planning its layout for a while but I’ll try and incorporate some of these ideas into it: like the use of inspirational quotes. Thanks Lisa!

29/10/2016 at 16:04

Ohh I love bullet journaling! But it gives me the idea it takes a lot of time, but I also love seeing on instagram and pinterest other peoples agendas! πŸ™‚
      Thank you for stopping by and commenting Laila! πŸ™‚

29/10/2016 at 17:28
  • Reply Carol ("Mimi")

Your planners look so pretty and artistic! You have a talent for creating a piece of history that you’ll never want to throw away.

02/05/2017 at 20:05
  • Reply Shirley Corder

I think this is a brilliant idea. I have a 2-page diary and scribble ideas on the left page which I tick off as I achieve them. But I’m sure I would do better with a planner. Thanks for the idea! Two Wolves Fight for Supremacy

02/05/2017 at 20:55