Bucket List | Backpacking For 10 Days Around Central Europe

I can imagine that most of you, fellow readers, by reading this title, have immediately thought “Oh that’s so cool, she has backpacked around Europe for 10 Days!” …Nope… actually I have never backpacked in my life, but I would really like to one day!

That’s why I have thought about this post series that I’ll publish once in a while where I’ll create an ideal itinerary that I’d like to do including cities I haven’t visit yet or places I’d like to go back to from the eyes of some of my favourite bloggers. I consider it a way to prepare myself to a possible tour but at the same time it could also inspire some of you to visit new cities or discover new bloggers! I pretty excited so I hope you’ll like the idea!

Before sharing my first itinerary with you I think it would be useful for most of you to read this article written by Ashlea from A Globe Well Travelled where she considers all the costs related to a tour like this in order to have a total cost, really useful and interesting!

So, here we go with MY FIRST IDEAL TOUR around Europe, so what is typically defined as an Interrail:

DAY 1 & 2 – Paris, France

I’d start from Paris, France. I’ve been there with my family when I was 10 so you can imagine how my memories about that city are…because of this, I definitely want to go back! I’d stay there at least two days, the first day I’d stay in Paris and visit the main attractions plus the amazing Organic Market thatย Angie from Livingoutsidethebox has described in this post, all the stuff they have there look so good!

While, the second day I’d like to explore some of the surroundings of the city and visit the Claude Monet Garden which Matea from The Fowing Minds has written ย about in this wonderful post.

Screenshot 2016-07-28 15.12.09

Claude Monet Gardens // ย Pic by The Flowing Minds

DAY 3 – Zurich, Switzerland

From Paris I’d get a night train in order to be in Zurichย by the morning of day 3. Despite Switzerland is very near Italy I’ve never been there but I’ve heard many good experiences about travelling to this country! Plus, after reading this post by Erika from Erika’s Travels I’m definitely motivated to go! I’m especially curious to visit the old town, from the picture below it seems lovely! I’d just stay here for 24h so that I’d be able to get another night train (yeah I know two night trains in a row it’s quite challenging!) in order to arrive to the next destination by the morning of day 4 ๐Ÿ˜‰

Zurigo

Zurich // Pic by Erica’s Travels

DAY 4, 5 & 6 – Prague,ย Czech Republic

Prague is another destination where most of the people I know have been and talked about it like if it was just the perfect place so well…I have to check that too!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Plus, after reading this post written by Lara fromย BlackBerry Season Iย don’t have excuses anymore!! ๐Ÿ™‚ All the attractions listed on her post seem so nice but the one I’m very looking forward to see is theย The State Opera House,ย in general, I love going to the theatre and that one seems really impressive! Also, since I would stay there a couple of days I would make sure to pass by the beautiful Charles Bridge at sunset just like Julie from Sweet Escapes did, the picture she shared in this post is just stunning!ย

Screenshot 2016-07-28 21.38.30

Prague // Pic by Sweet Escapes

DAY 7 & 8 – Berlin, Germany

I’ve already been to Berlin two years ago for a long weekend trip and when I left, despite we walked a lot every day to see the main attractions, I had the feeling I saw like the 20% of what there’s to see in Berlin! It’s such an interesting and inspiring city! So this time I would arrive in the morning of day 7 (leaving Prague really early in the morning) and spend there 1 day and a half which I’m sure is not enough to see everything I’m missing but at least I’d see something more! I would definitely take some of the advices that Jenny fromย ExploreAdventureDiscover wrote down in this post, I’ve already done some of the things mentioned so I’d focus on the ones I didn’t have the chance to see the previous time ๐Ÿ˜‰

Screenshot 2016-07-28 22.07.06

Berlin // Pic by ExploreAdventureDiscover

DAY 9 & 10 – Krakow, Poland

I would end my journey in Krakow because after reading this article byย Ben from Driftwood Journals, I actually look forward to experience the same adventures he undertook such as riding like a king through the Cobbled Streets with a Guided Horse and Cart Ride…doesn’t it sound so cool and interesting?!

Screenshot 2016-07-28 22.25.45

Krakow // Driftwood Journals

I hope you enjoyed this imaginary first tour around Europe, I’m planning to write other posts like this one so if you also have itinerary ideas don’t hesitate to share them, I’d be glad to have any kind of suggestion or advice! ๐Ÿ™‚

Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | Youtubeย | Bloglovin

What a great idea, Lisa! A win-win ๐Ÿ™‚ You get to create a nice vision of travel for yourself, and also share info about bloggers you like. Have a wonderful time on this discovery process. Many blessings.
    Loving,
    Debbie
    ps – gorgeous picture of the Charles Bridge

29/07/2016 at 5:15

Thank you Debbie, yes this was exactly my intention! ๐Ÿ™‚
      It’s wonderful right?!๐Ÿ˜ Have a wonderful day! ๐Ÿ™‚

29/07/2016 at 8:05
  • Reply Deboleena

I love going through your blog. The pictures just triggers me. They make me feel wanderlust ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I have been to Zurich onceโค

29/07/2016 at 6:53

Oh thank you very much โค๏ธ so nice of you to say that!
      Oh really? How was it? Is it as nice as that picture? ๐Ÿ™‚

29/07/2016 at 8:06

Wow complimenti per il blog!!
    Anch’io adoro viaggiare, trovo sia bellissimo vedere posti nuovi e diverse culture.
    Un bacione.

29/07/2016 at 9:45
  • Reply Pooja @lostinprettyeurope

Hi Lisa. Nice itinerary ๐Ÿ™‚ Prague is definitely my favorite city from that list (from any list..) I think you might have meant Krakow, Poland instead of Warsaw? Krakow is a very beautiful Polish city with a lot of culture and history.
    I hope you are able to visit all these places soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

29/07/2016 at 14:03

Oh gosh yes I miss wrote!! Thanks for telling me! Warsaw is actually another really nice Polish city that I’d like to see that’s what I was maybe thinking when writing! Anyway thanks a lot for reading! ๐Ÿ™‚

29/07/2016 at 14:42

Awww thanks for your credits!! Sometimes we need a little daydream vacation and it’s fun to research places and figure out itineraries. Hopefully you can fulfill your dream of that journey soon!

29/07/2016 at 16:13
  • Reply Stephanie Leduc

Definitely an itinerary I Could get behind!!
    I’m leaving to backpack europe in 2 weeks!! We are starting off in Nice, then going up to lucerne in Switzerland, spending a day in Bern, going down to florence, then rome and then were flying to barcelona!!!
    I love this one though, it’s a part of europe I would discover next time I go!

29/07/2016 at 17:04

Your tour sounds so cool!! You’re going to warmer places than the one I’ve selected ๐Ÿ˜€ Nice and Florence are two of my favourite cities so I can assure you they’re wonderful!
      Enjoy your travels an I’m looking forward to seeing your pics! Thanks for commenting ๐Ÿ™‚

29/07/2016 at 20:01
  • Reply Alifya

Gorgeous pics!! ๐Ÿ™‚

29/07/2016 at 18:29
  • Reply Wendy

ooo lovely – this is like a travelling vision board! I’m sure it will happen x

30/07/2016 at 9:56
  • Reply Lusine Margaryan

Such a great itinerary Lisa! Go for it, fulfill your dream and enjoy every second of it! ๐Ÿ™‚

01/08/2016 at 13:26

Thank you for reading! For now I have other travels planned but yes, I hope to do that really soon! ๐Ÿ˜‰

02/08/2016 at 1:04

Grazie per la nomina! Sono un po’ presa ora e i post che sto pubblicando li avevo giร  pronti, appena posso lo faccio! Grazie per il pensiero ๐Ÿ™‚

04/08/2016 at 16:47
  • Reply Omobola Thomas

i spent 10 days in Europe last year too! I did Paris, France of course- then Italy, Belgium, Netherlands … you should check out my post about the actual itinerary. Just search “itinerary” on my blog ๐Ÿ™‚ hopefully it inspires you!

13/08/2016 at 8:00
  • Reply MissLilly

sounds like a really good plan indeed ๐Ÿ™‚

13/08/2016 at 21:45
  • Reply Helen K

Sounds like a lovely idea, Lisa! I did my first backpacking journey around Europe at 24, for three months (when you’re Australian, you have to make the most of the travel!) and I found the Europass, on Eurail, was such a good way to go!) You have the benefit of shorter trips which is great – enjoy the planning x

15/08/2016 at 0:32

Wow, 3 months! I bet you have seen quite a lot ๐Ÿ˜‰ Oh yes the Europass it’s a great solution!!
      Thank you for reading and commenting Helen! ๐Ÿ™‚

15/08/2016 at 9:52
  • Reply Thoughtnlifeblog

Great post, and stunning photos.

20/08/2016 at 22:17
  • Reply Amanda

Oh my goodness! I am OBSESSED with your blog! holy cow, you’re so talented, the way you write and all your pictures! I am going to like binge read through your page lol I’ve never been outside of the United States, besides Mexico and am DYING to travel. you’re page is making me want to go now ๐Ÿ™‚

21/08/2016 at 0:06

Thank you so much Amanda! I’m so glad you write my blog and I’m happy to hear it inspires you to travel! I hope one day your dream will become true! ๐Ÿ™‚

21/08/2016 at 10:05
  • Reply Bucket List | Backpacking For 10 Days Around Northern Europe – fromdreamtoplan

[…] was so glad to see all that positive feedback of my first Bucket List post about Backpacking 10 days around Central Europe! Thank you to all of you, my […]

25/08/2016 at 22:11
  • Reply trina

Hi

Thank you so much for finding my blog and liking a post. Hope you come back again soon

14/09/2016 at 17:41