Bucket List | Backpacking For 10 Days Around Northern Europe

I was so glad to see all that positive feedback of my first Bucket List post about Backpacking 10 days around Central Europe! Thank you to all of you, my readers!

As I told you in that post, this will be a post series that I’ll publish once in a while where I’ll create an ideal itinerary that I’d like to do including cities I haven’t visit yet or places I’d like to go back to, from the eyes of some of my favourite bloggers. I consider it a way to prepare myself to a possible tour but at the same time it could also inspire some of you to visit new cities or discover new bloggers!

This time is more focused on the Northern part of Europe, plus a city in Russia. I have always been attracted by the Nordics  and when I knew I had the possibility to live in Denmark I was so excited! (Wandering why? click here 😉 ). If you’re interested to know what to visit in this beautiful country I wrote this  post specifically for Copenhagen (the capital city) and this more general post, which I hope will turn out to be useful! 🙂 While living there I had the opportunity to visit Oslo and it was really magical seeing the city surrounded be snow, lot of snow actually! 😀 But I’m still missing all the other capitals so here we go with my second ideal tour around Northern Europe:

DAY 1 & 2 – Riga, Latvia

I’d start from Riga, the capital of Latvia and Stay there for 2 days. The bloggers Laura & Lance from Travel Addicts created this wonderful post that lists things you can do in 48 hours in the city and all of them seems great ideas! In particular, I can’t wait to walk around the squares full of flowers and colours. Also, heading to the Kalnicema Quarter seems a great thing to do since you can really experience the Latvian culture!

Screenshot 2016-08-21 11.37.31

Riga // Pic by Travel Addicts

DAY 3 & 4 – Tallinn, Estonia

I’d leave Riga the afternoon of day 2 in order to be in the capital of Estonia, Tallin, by the evening. I’ve heard so many beautiful things about this city and seen stunning pics (such as these ones made by Shelley from  Destination Now)so I couldn’t not include it in my itinerary! Kate from Petite Adveturers has been there exactly 2 days and has wrote this great post about her experience. She also wrote down suggestions about how to drink like a local while being there, unfortunately I’m not a great drinker but I did enjoy reading the post! 🙂

Screenshot 2016-08-21 11.41.40

Tallinn // Pic by Destination Now

DAY 5  & 6 – St. Petersburg, Russia

Again, I’d catch the train in Tallinn during the afternoon of day 4 in order to be in St. Petersburg by the evening. Mani from A New Life Wandering had the opportunity to stay there for 10 days, I wouldn’t have that much time but I’d definitely check out some of the places she’s been to she wrote about in this post! By seeing her pics I was particularly impressed to see how colourful and impressive the buildings of the main attractions are, can’t wait to see them live! 🙂

Screenshot 2016-08-21 11.43.43

Saint Petersburg // Pic by A New Life Wandering

DAY 7 & 8 – Helsinki, Finland

I’d leave Russia early in the morning of day 7 so that I’d be in Helsinki by the late morning of that same day. About this city, I found really useful all the tips and advices given by the blogger from The snow Melts Somewhere in this post. The walk from the Senate Square along the seaside to the Kaivopuisto park sounds like a wonderful thing to do! While if you want more suggestions about events, activities and local things to do the Finnish blogger from Free but fun has a whole section about them (most of the things listed are free!).

Screenshot 2016-08-21 11.47.58

Helsinki // Pic by The snow Melts Somewhere

DAY 9 & 10 – Stockholm, Sweden

From Helsinki I’d get a night train to Stockholm in order to be there by the morning of day 9. Christina from Norther Sun Light wrote this interesting post about her stay there, all the main areas of the city such as Gamla Stan (Old town) look really nice! But on top of my list there would be walking to Södermalm, another part of the city where you can enjoy a stunning view!

Screenshot 2016-08-21 11.50.11

Stockholm // Pic by Norther Sun Light

I hope you enjoyed this imaginary second tour around Europe, I’m planning to write other posts like this one so if you also have itinerary ideas don’t hesitate to share them, I’d be glad to have any kind of suggestion or advice! 🙂

Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | Bloglovin

• Reply Becki

This post is so cool, all of those places are on my bucket list! I’ve also been to Copenhagen which was super cool as well!

25/08/2016 at 22:25
  • Reply Christina

Loved this post! Before actually reading your post I was already thinking about places/cities that I’d recommend from the North European countries and then I read the post and I was like – hey, all the cities that I’d actually recommend 😀 I’ve been to all of the cities and really liked them a lot (except Helsinki but I can’t even say why ^^). so if you really ever have the chance to even visit one single city of your list – don’t even hesitate 😉

25/08/2016 at 22:47

Hahaha what a coincidence! That’s so cool you’ve been in most of these places! I hope I’ll have the chance soon 🙂

26/08/2016 at 8:13
  • Reply Olaf

I like very much you blog over the amazing bucket list

26/08/2016 at 1:52
  • Reply Alex

Hi Lisa, I’m so glad you found my blog yesterday! Now I’m able to read through your posts, yay! I’ve been reading quite a few of your posts this morning and I must say there’s something about your blog that just feels me with warmth and happiness and I love it. I reckon it’s the whole positive attitude and I love positive people and love to surround myself with them as much as possible. So glad we have came across one another’s blogs, it’s like FATE! 🙂 xo

26/08/2016 at 10:15

Thank you so much Alex for stopping by and leaving this kind comment! I’m so glad you like my blog and I’m happy to hear that my character comes out through my posts!! Thank you!! Glad we connected! 🙂

26/08/2016 at 13:36
  • Reply Angela Bless Friis Cassøe

good itinerary. 🙂

26/08/2016 at 10:41
  • Reply Suvi

What a gret itinerary! It’s too bad that using to train to go to St Petersburg requires a visa. I would’ve gone many times if it weren’t for that. From Finland you can also take a ferry but it’s slower and not as convenient. I hope you get to make this dream trip soon!

26/08/2016 at 11:16

Thank you very much Suvi! Oh yes that’s a petty… hopefully you’ll manage to get there in a easier way! 🙂

26/08/2016 at 13:38
  • Reply Gin

So how are you going to travel between these places ? By train ?

26/08/2016 at 12:43
  • Reply Style It Out

Such a creative post, this would be an amazing holiday! I would love to visit some of these places in the future 🙂 x

26/08/2016 at 12:45
  • Reply Emily

I’d love to do an itinerary like this! I’m backpacking Central Europe in two weeks, but I think my next trip around Europe will be up North! I really want to visit Norway in particular.

26/08/2016 at 14:24

Ohh that will be so cool!! Enjoy and I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures/reading your posts about it! 🙂 Yes, Norway it’s a beautiful country! 🙂

26/08/2016 at 14:29

Lisa, this itinerary sounds magnificent! Wow Finland and also St. Petersburg look particularly amazing.
    What’s neat is that you now have these awesome possibilities, educate us as your readers, and showcase your blogger friends’ posts. Good for you. You make me smile.
    Loving,
    Debbie

26/08/2016 at 17:37

Thank you Debbie! I’m so glad you like it!
      You make me smile each time you comment ❤️ Have a lovely weekend! 🙂

26/08/2016 at 21:02

I really haven’t checked out much places in that area which I hope to catch up one day! For now there are no plans yet but at least that was a nice mental journey… Thanks for sharing 😉

28/08/2016 at 10:47
  • Reply Curlygirlabroad

Would love to go to all of these places 🙂

28/08/2016 at 12:52
  • Reply Muna @ Strictly Lighthearted

Sounds like a great adventure! Love the name of your blog too … gives out a very positive vibe! 🙂

28/08/2016 at 17:05
  • Reply Jey

Have you been to Amsterdam already??? Xo Jey

28/08/2016 at 20:14

No I haven’t unfortunately!! But it’s on my list 😉 The only city I’ve been to in The Netherlands is Maastricht and I loved it! 🙂

28/08/2016 at 21:17
  • Reply Princess Kaiulani

These places look amazing! It makes me so excited to travel the world.

xo
    Princess Kaiulani | princesskaiulanit.blogspot.com

28/08/2016 at 20:38
  • Reply Pooja @lostinprettyeurope

I love reading your backpacking wishlists! 🙂 Why not take a cruise from Helsinki to Stockholm though? It is hugely popular but it’s a long journey too.
    I’ve just been to Helsinki and Tallinn and they’re both special.
    I hope you will do these trip some day soon! 🙂

29/08/2016 at 9:27

Oh thank you! Yes I actually thought about taking a cruise but yes, it would really take longer for this kind of tour.. but anyway a cruise around the Nordics is also a dream of mine!! 🙂 And so cool you’ve been there, I hope to go there soon too! 🙂

29/08/2016 at 20:18