A new Ordinary London post in collaboration with Yassmine is ready (if you’d like to read the first one click here 😉 ) and we can’t wait to share our lovely afternoon with you! This time the area of London we are presenting you is… Camden Town, also called Camden 😉
To reach this neighbourhood from Victoria station you can get the district or circle line till Embankment and then pop on the Northern line that will bring you directly to Camden Town station 🙂
Camden is known as the “alternative” part of London, indeed when you walk by this area you can definitely feel the difference compared to other districts, the atmosphere is way more informal, you can experience that kind of “young wild and free” feeling 🙂
There are maaaany activities you can do there to enjoy a real Camden Town experience, here are a few of them:
1. Shop or just window shop (just watching without buying) around the many unique stores there are in the main street of the area (there are many vintage/second hand shops so you might find interesting offers!) or if you prefer handmade items there are many stands as well, indeed…
2. Wandering around Camden Market is one of the “must-do” when you’re there. Once you enter it, you’ll lose the perception of time due to the so many beautiful things there are.
3. You can’t, really CAN’T resist to the street food market of Camden Town. I never met someone who went away from Camden Town without having a food baby stomach (okay maybe not that exaggerated, but you get what I mean…). There is so much choice (from Indian to Spanish, Italian, Korean…anything!) that it will take you a while to decide which meal to go for!
4. Spotting artists making amazing graffiti is also a fun thing to do! Actually, another characteristic of Camden Town is that it’s full of amazing wall pictures which are not always in popular streets so going around to spot them and maybe taking some pictures will definitely turn out to be a pleasure 🙂
5. Feeling like eating a dessert? COOKIES &SCREAM will for sure fulfil your desire! This little gluten free& vegan bakery is located in the internal market but, not really in a visible and eye-catching position but it’s totally worth looking for it! Due to my intolerances I have tried many kind of “alternative dessert” but I assure you that the ones I tried here are the best. Their peanut butter cookie is delicious and I’ve heard that their shakes are one of their top offers as well! So even if you do not have any kind of food problem, trying it won’t disappoint you 🙂 Plus, prices are low-medium compared to other places like this so another good point!
Click here to see the video Yassmine made about this lovely afternoon!
FOLLOW ME ON