Ordinary London | Borough Market, The Queen’s Walk & Tower Bridge

A new  Ordinary London post in collaboration with Yassmine is ready (if you’d like to read the other ones click here 😉 ) and we can’t wait to share our lovely afternoon with you! This time the area of London we are presenting you is… Southwark, in particular some of the attractions that are definitely worth a look/walk 😉

We started our tour from Borough Market, which I have to admit, was an amazing surprise! I did hear about it previously but since in London there are many markets (such as the one in Camden Town or in Portobello Road 🙂 )

boroughmarket

I wouldn’t have thought this would have been so different. Indeed, what is special about Borough Market is that firstly it’s a covered market (kind of a similar idea to Covent Garden).

boroughmarket1

Secondly, it’s not just a food market but there are also many stands with fresh fruits, vegetables, spices, cheese, any kind of fresh products you can imagine and many of them are from their country of origin.

So it’s like it it’s divided into two parts: the first one where you can buy raw ingredients while in the second one you can enjoy food cooked at the moment. Aaand guess what? There are LOTS of healthy + gluten free + vegan stands! I tried an Indian street market dish composed by lentils crepes with a side of chickpeas salad, so good!

While as dessert my friend and I tried these amazing coconut pancakes which just thinking about them make me wanna go back there immediately!

coconut pancakes.jpg

Another good point for this market is the fact that there’s a very nice covered area with benches where you can seat and enjoy your meal. As you can see since I went there during this period there are Christmas decorations which made the whole atmosphere even more pleasureful!

After this great exploration, we started walking through The Queen’s Walk towards Tower Bridge. This path is along the river Thames and, even during this walk we managed to discover something new! We came across Hay’s Galleria which is a building that includes offices and shops but due to this special time of the year, along the galleria there were little wooden houses where they sold nice christmassy stuff or hot drinks.

galleria.jpg

Of course all this Christmas vibes are perceived even if you just walk along the river. Indeed, you’ll spot many Christmas trees and other kind of stands until you’ll arrive here: in front of Tower Bridge. I’ve never seen it during the evening before and it’s even more beautiful than during the day!

photo_2016-12-14_15-54-55

london-bridge

Crossing the bridge is obviously another “must do” both for the view and for exploring the area on the other side of the bridge where you’ll find Tower of London, the historic castle of the royal family. On this side of the river, you’ll perceive a slightly different atmosphere from the previous one since The Queen’s walk runs along many offices and modern structures while when you’ll find yourself in front of Tower of London it’s like going back on time. Another confirm that in London you can really find anything!

queenswalk

Click here to see the video Yassmine made about this lovely afternoon!

You can follow Yassmine:
On Youtube: Yass Jabrane
On Instagram: Yassjabrane
On Facebook: Yassminejabranemusic

Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | Bloglovin

Mmm I know those coconut pancakes from Thailand and I love them! I’ve recently seen so many posts about Borough market – it must be the place to be right now 😀 Oh London during xmas time must be so wonderful!

16/12/2016 at 13:02

I didn’t know them before and it has been a delicious discovery! Yes London during this period really shows it’s best! 🙂

17/12/2016 at 9:38
  • Reply Serena - Sognando Viaggi

I love London! <3 I've been there only once, but I wish I could visit this amazing place at least twice, there are so many places I still have to visit! Moreover, I love soccer, so I have a huge quantity of stadium to visit, too! 🙂

16/12/2016 at 14:20

Oh yes, you definitely have to come back Serena both from a touristic and football-fan point of view! 😉

17/12/2016 at 9:40
  • Reply Jenny

I love little markets like that, they always seem to have the best stuff in them! That tree in front of the Tower Bridge, so pretty!!!! Thanks for sharing little bits and pieces of London with us!

xo, JJ

16/12/2016 at 18:04

I love them as well! Oh yes, it was beautiful and so big!! Thank you for reading Jenny! 🙂

17/12/2016 at 9:41

So beautiful, wow!!! x

16/12/2016 at 18:36
  • Reply Dakota D.

I want to shop here!!! Absolutely adorable.

❤︎
    Dakota D.
    Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter: @missdsquared413

17/12/2016 at 20:51

Oh I definitely recommend! It’s so nice and full of amazing stuff! Thanks for reading Dakota 🙂

17/12/2016 at 22:32

Oh man, this is my kind of market! A friend of mine was telling me about this place too. I need to check it out when I’m there next! Thanks for sharing, love the photo of the bridge!

18/12/2016 at 23:29

Yess it’s such a nice Market! (Probably my favourite till now! 🙂 ) Oh thank you, glad you like it! 🙂

19/12/2016 at 11:45
  • Reply Olivia

Beautiful photos, Lisa! London is a beautiful city. I can’t wait to go there someday soon!

20/12/2016 at 18:12
  • Reply Bennymakachi

It’s just an all round beautiful time during the Christmas season. That tower bridge tree/decoration is splendid. Your pictures almost take me there. Love your style of writing!

21/12/2016 at 10:34
  • Reply Suvi

I can never get enough of London! I went to Borough Market this Spring. It’s such an awesome place.

28/12/2016 at 0:02
  • Reply Arianna Rose

Cannot wait to visit London someday. I enjoyed your segment on the Borough Market. I’ll have to remember it for my future travels!

~A.R.

31/12/2016 at 22:14
  • Reply 8 must-see Indoor Markets in London | fromdreamtoplan

[…] Borough Market is also quite popular and semi-covered, positioned very close to London Bridge, this food market with loads of fresh goodies, from fruit, veggies to real french cheese stands will make your hunger reach high levels! But no worries, in the outdoor part there are ready-to-eat food stands and fresh bakery stalls. […]

29/04/2017 at 19:14