Eventually, everything connects.

My two best friends came to visit me here in London last week (and yes, when I say BEST I mean people that are these kinds of people πŸ˜‰ ), while enjoying one of the many stunning views of London with a warm Chai Latte in our hands one of the two said “Look where you’ve got! You managed to get where you wanted! Remember 2 years ago, when you were daydreaming about this while living in totally different circumstances?”

I already mentioned in a few posts about this “omg I’m reallylivinginlondonandlivingmydream” feeling but that comment of her made me realise how actually the quote “you’re exactly in the place where you’re meant to be” is true.

The first year I moved abroad for my studies I was living in a small, VERY SMALL, town in Denmark which, especially at the beginning I hated. It wasn’t the idea I had of living abroad and from being used to live in a medium size city in Italy to live in a small town with a totally different culture was kind of a shock. A shock that over time made me realise so many new things about myself and about the world that I would have probably not understood in any other situation. I learned how to adapt my routine and to actually find all the positive aspects of being there, in that exact place: maybe I wasn’t in my ideal place but I was still living an experience abroad which has always been one of my biggest dreams. I met people that are now a very important part of my life and that I will be always grateful to have met. Thanks to the great connections I managed to travel so much that I discovered my travel bug nature.

The year ended and the second destination was awaiting: Belgium. Loved the city but my house condition where…challenging! Probably if you’d have told me a year before I would have lived like that I wouldn’t have believed I would have survived. But I did. Because again, I was living my dream and couldn’t permit that something like my house situation stopped me to enjoying it. I again adapted my routine and found a right balance, in the end, I was staying there just for 5 months, I could have handled it. And I did. I spent the next 4 months of the second year in the UK where I attend my Internship. Where I covered a position that wasn’t really what I’d like to do in my life actually at all but still, I learned so much. It has been a total open-minding experience about the office-job work world, which as a student I didn’t really have a proper idea about how it really is. My mentors have been very helpful and it’s certainly also thanks to them if I managed to accomplish tasks which I wouldn’t have believed I could actually do.

And in a blink of an eye, in the end, the so awaited third year arrived. The London life I’m blogging about now is what I was dreaming of during those cold and dark Β Danish days.

I did ask myself “What if I started immediately from London?” and well, first of all now that I live here I realise how sometimes this city can be totally overwhelming and knowing how I was when I was 18 I honestly don’t know how I would have reacted. Secondly, I wouldn’t have met all the amazing people I encountered during these years and wouldn’t have lived all the great memories I have with them.

So no, I wouldn’t change anything. It has been a process, a journey and it still is. And it’s probably thanks to this whole process of events that I am now actually in a “can’t wait to see what’s next” mood and which new challenges and possibilities life will put in front of me.

Maybe it can seem strange, weird or totally out of your original plan but eventually, everything connects and when you manage to put all the pieces togetherΒ realising how far you’ve got, who you were and who you are now, will make you understand that yes, everything happens for a reason.

What about you? Have you ever had the same feeling/realisation? I’d love to hear about it!

• Reply Ellie

Ah that’s so exciting! Happy for you that you’ve got to where you want to be 😊 x

18/01/2017 at 22:35
  • Reply Lulu

Brilliant post, and brilliant perspective. It is a skill to be able to find both the positive and the negative in any given situation and experience, and to recognize the growth that comes out of even the hardest challenges. That is definitely a skill that I didn’t have three years ago, and it is one that I am embracing today. When I first moved to the Midwest in 2010 for work, I was trying to make the best of very limited options, but it wasn’t where I wanted to be. Since I moved here, I have survived many traumatic and difficult experiences. I never would have imagined that any of the things that have happened would have happened, that I would have survived them, or that I would be in such a different place mentally, emotionally, and spiritually because of it. I’m still not living any sort of ideal life, but in the life I am living right now, I can see all of the wonderful and very positive parts, which far outweigh the negative.

Thanks for sharing this great reflection. I’m delighted to hear that you are loving your time in London! Whatever comes next for you, I hope that it is equally amazing! πŸ˜€

19/01/2017 at 22:16

Thank you Luluu for reading and for sharing your experience! It’s so good to hear you could relate and that you are in a similar situation, sometimes it’s very difficult to explain a feeling to someone who has no idea about what I’m talking about so finding people like you who understand it’s so supportive! Thank you for your lovely comment, I hope this positive vibes you have will last for a very long time and that eventually, your thought of ideal life will come true! 😘

21/01/2017 at 11:12
  • Reply Jessica

I feel super related to your post Lisa! Sometimes life seems like it puts you in difficult positions in order to later on realise that everything was worth it <3

20/01/2017 at 13:41

This post is SO relatable, Lisa! I love it. Yes, everything happens for a a reason and sometimes life gets to scatter little miracles here and there. Glad you’re now where you wanted to be. x

20/01/2017 at 17:31

Thank you Giulia! So happy to read you could find yourself in my words!
      Looking forward to meeting you! xx

21/01/2017 at 11:04
  • Reply Rieke

Dear Lisa

I love your story and the way your life changed from the danish bad weather mood to “i can’t wait whats next”! It’s really how you say it: everything happens for a reason. It’s so nice and i am really happy for you that you are grateful even for the things you first didn’t liked.

You Go Giiirl πŸ˜‰

20/01/2017 at 18:50

Rieke ❀️ thank you for your ever-ending support and for being there! You are one of the big gifts that Denmark made to me and I’m so glad you’re still here!

21/01/2017 at 11:06
  • Reply Charlotte

Another great post Lisa, I love your blog so I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Find out the details here > https://littlelottieblogs.wordpress.com/blog-awards/ x

21/01/2017 at 11:52
  • Reply mia

I love this! I’m so glad you finally made it to where you want to be x

22/01/2017 at 14:09
  • Reply Laura

I have nominated you for the blogger recognition award! You can see this here.. https://allurelaura.wordpress.com/2017/01/22/blogger-recognition-award/ love reading your blog! xx

22/01/2017 at 18:28
  • Reply Stefani

Love this! And so true – everything does connect and make sense, eventually! Love that you are doing this!! Keep traveling and exploring! It’s the best way to LIVE!

22/01/2017 at 21:29
  • Reply Angela

Good for you Lisa. You look at things with lots of opportunities. πŸ™‚ Way to go!

23/01/2017 at 14:38
  • Reply Ivanna | Provocative Joy

Wow, it’s definitely not all easy, is it? The rewards finally outweighed the difficult, undesirable parts of traveling! Way to go πŸ™‚

23/01/2017 at 22:18
  • Reply Keirryn

Stunning post – glad I found your blog, I can officially live vicariously through your amazing journeys thus far!! Definitely agree everything eventually comes together and those ‘cold dark days’ definitely make you more appreciative of the beautiful bright and sunny days. xx

24/01/2017 at 11:47
  • Reply Kikii

This just warmed my heart! I was just writing a similar post in my website. I really believe that everything does happen for a reason. And God makes no mistakes, he wants you exactly where he wants you, WHEN he wants you. I’m glad you are happy where you are right now! πŸ™‚

I’m looking for blogging buddies, and came across your blog! I do hope you’ll check mine out as well! I look forward to hearing from you!

24/01/2017 at 21:47

Hello and thank you for this lovely comment! I so agree with you! πŸ™‚
      Yes, I’ll definitely check it out! Thank you for stopping by and commenting, hope you’ll enjoy my future posts as well! πŸ™‚

24/01/2017 at 21:52
  • Reply Francesca

I completely agree with you: everything happens for a reason and even if we need to walk the longer way to achieve our goals, they will arrive soon or later.
    Good luck and it’s nice “meeting” you!
    Francesca

25/01/2017 at 10:43

Glad you could relate! Thank you for reading and I’m glad we connected as well! πŸ™‚

26/01/2017 at 22:30

Yea, sometimes you have to go through the hard times to get to the good times. So happy for you! πŸ™‚

03/02/2017 at 17:44
  • Reply Image Earth Travel

Great post!
    I live in Cosenza so if you’re down this way, come and visit πŸ™‚
    Many thanks for stopping by and following my Travel and Photography blog: https://imageearthtravel.com/

12/02/2017 at 23:20
  • Reply Angelica

I love your perspective and that you were able to reflect/find meaning in your experiences! It’s such a good point that if you go immediately to your dream goals without making the most of less “perfect” times, you might not appreciate it fully… I hadn’t thought about that too much until your post. Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

30/03/2017 at 7:58

I’m glad you liked the post Angelica and thank you for leaving this lovely comment! πŸ™‚

31/03/2017 at 12:05