6 Ways To Find Inspiration during a Non-Inspirational Time

So, let’s face it. Even the more creative and imaginative minds do have moments where inspiration doesn’t seem to arrive, and yes, it’s totally normal! Maybe you’re in a period of your life where you’re thinking about too many things or on the countrary you’re don’t have enough stimuli, or you simply had so many ideas at once in a previous moment and you expect yourself to being like that always. Yep, I know the feeling. Because of this, I thought about creating a little list of things which actually helped me overcome this moat and hopefully it’ll help someone else as well! πŸ˜‰

1 | INTERACT WITH NEW/OLD CONNECTIONS

I believe talking and engaging with others is a very big resource for many aspects and also in this case it fits perfectly. Sometimes even from a meaninggless conversation you can drawn aspcts which you didn’t thought about it before and BAM, there comes the idea. This can happen both “live” maybe by joining a new class, group, or hanging out with friends but also online for example by following twitter chats!

interactingwithconnections.jpg

2 | CREATE A VISUAL/VISION BOARD

I loooovee visual boards because you can litterally create one for any kind of purpose or even without a specific aim, for example just by positioning together memories, pictures, tickets, ecc. In this case it could happen that even just by connecting or placing elements near to each other, the inspiration process starts and before even finishing the board you’ll find yourself with loads of ideas! Great, no? πŸ™‚

Myvisionboard1

3 | CHANGE ENVIRONMENT

I’m just back from my amazing long weekend trip to Paris (click here to see some pics, more to come! πŸ˜‰ ) and I’m so glad I went there! Yes, London it’s a very inspiring and artistic city but sometimes staying too long in the same place won’t help your creative process. So, go out, discover a new neighborhood of your city, visit a friend living in a different place from where you are, visit a musem… the options are so many that it’s not even necessary to have a budget for it!

4 | TRANSFORM OLD INTO GOLD

I’m a strong supporter of the art of improving the old. So what about picking up somthing you’ve done long time ago and make it better or perhaps using it as a base to develop something new? Talking about blogging for example, you could start from an old post, see how your experiences/thoughts changed about the topic you wrote about and present it in another way or just adding something new that now represents you more πŸ˜‰

5 | KEEP GOING!

Having a long lack of inspiration moment could bring you to give up and saying to yourself “maybe I’m not good at this anymore”, of course not! Losing and finding motivation again is part of the process and it’s actually very interesting to see what happens in between so, keep going, the great idea you’re looking for will eventually arrive! πŸ˜‰

quote.jpg

6 | START A GRATEFUL JOURNAL

Could sound very cheesy but, how many time we do realize that what we have it’s actually a lot but we often give it for granted? Very often I would say. Starting a grateful journal helped me realizing that sometimes even from things you do every day there is Β a hidden beauty or aspect that it’s worth considering more. It honestly opened my eyes reading and thinking about what I’m grateful for.

gratefuljournal

Let me know if you try any of these techniques, I’d love to hear how they worked out with you!

What about you, which are your way to gain newe inspiration? I’m always looking for newe metods so do not hesitate to share it in the comment below! πŸ™‚

Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | YoutubeΒ | Bloglovin

• Reply Janett at Lifestyle Inspire

This was seriously so inspiring! I have a gratitude journal myself and whenever I am not feeling motivated I go write down everything I am grateful for and it always helps out. Thanks for sharing these great tips! πŸ™‚

08/02/2017 at 21:24

Thanks Janett for the kind comment! I’m glad you like the post and yes, writing it down it’a always so useful! πŸ™‚

09/02/2017 at 23:39
  • Reply Julie Yates

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

08/02/2017 at 21:31

Totally agreed! The visual board and grateful journal are SO helpful to find inspiration. So very true about the environment as well. Well, thanks for this post Lisa! I really needed something to motivate me to get inspired again cause I’ve got to get out of this blogging rut at some point! xx

08/02/2017 at 21:35
  • Reply Joan Merrell

Thanks for a great list! I totally agree about connecting with others to get out of a rut. That has always helped me when I feel stuck. I need to try the gratitude journal and the vision board; those sound awesome! Thanks for this post. Have a great day!

08/02/2017 at 21:47

Thank you for stopping by Joan! Let me know how the journal and the board turn out! Have a lovely day as well πŸ™‚

09/02/2017 at 23:41
  • Reply Foirell

Thanks for sharing these great tips! I definitely think making new connections and keep on going are really useful tips that I use to keep inspired. Great post!

Foirell | http://www.citygirlrell.com

08/02/2017 at 22:40
  • Reply Nano @ Travel With Nano B.

Love these tips. I have always wanted to create a vision board, but currently have no space to put it. I envision having a nice working space where I could hang it up and look at it every day to keep being inspired, or just let my mind wonder, daydreaming about all the wonderful things I pin on it. πŸ™‚

09/02/2017 at 2:09

Oh I also have a “vision diary” (I call it like this haha) it’s practically a diary with all stuff I would put in a board but in this way it’s way easier to bring it around! πŸ™‚

09/02/2017 at 23:43
  • Reply Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen

I love these ideas. Vision boards are great, and so is changing environments. Both of those can be very inspiring. I’ve tried a grateful list before but not necessarily a grateful journal. Might be interesting to give that a try.

09/02/2017 at 23:31
  • Reply Fi

I love the vision/visual board idea! I’m in the process of re-doing my office space and will definitely be doing something like this! Great tips, thanks for sharing!

10/02/2017 at 2:08
  • Reply Mile

Good tips! Thank you Lisa.

10/02/2017 at 10:16
  • Reply Elizabeth Brooks

I really love vision boards too.

11/02/2017 at 14:58

Idea molto carina questo post, complimenti… e grazie per aver condiviso le tue “soluzioni”! Mi hai fatto anche
    pensare che io non ho ancora vere e proprie strategie da adottare in caso di crisi, devo provvedere al piΓΉ presto!:-)

11/02/2017 at 22:31

Grazie Giulia! Sono molto felice di leggere che il post ti sia piaciuto! Buona serata πŸ™‚

14/02/2017 at 18:40
  • Reply Shevy

Great tips! Having a change of environment worked for me! I get bored being in one place for too long with the same old routine. Every now and again I try my best to take a trip away from home and it really helps. I don’t mind trying the grateful journal. Although I mentally reflect at times, I think putting it on paper would really be a great idea.

12/02/2017 at 17:12
  • Reply Nicky

I love creating and looking for inspiration on Pinterest – anything from hypothetically redesigning my kitchen to creating my dream wardrobe! It keeps the creative juices flowing and can give you ideas when you seem to have run out πŸ™‚

12/02/2017 at 17:22

Oh I think Pinterest is great as well! There are sooo many ideas you can get from there! πŸ™‚

14/02/2017 at 18:37
  • Reply Erica

Great post. I write about fashion, style and inspirational words. I love words that inspire, motivate and just “lift you up”, so this post is perfect for me!

13/02/2017 at 3:42
  • Reply Brittany

Very encouraging! Nice post.

13/02/2017 at 21:40
  • Reply Jo Smith

Wow I love your theme! And your graphics! Just curious, what webhost did you switch to after WordPress.com? And what do you use to make those beautiful graphics?

14/02/2017 at 21:36

Thank you! I’m still with wordpress actually, didn’t change platform! And for the design I use canva.com πŸ˜‰

19/02/2017 at 22:50
  • Reply Angelica

I need to try these tips! Thank you!!

20/02/2017 at 6:25
  • Reply Marian aka The Juvenile Retiree

You are a very wise 20-year-old young woman! Enjoy your travelling! You are documenting some beautiful memories that you will have for the rest of your life.

22/02/2017 at 16:20
  • Reply Happy B(log)irthday! 5 Things I realized after 1 Year of Blogging – fromdreamtoplan

[…] you can’t see it as a topic to write about but maybe even yes… I talked more about this here […]

24/03/2017 at 23:18
  • Reply Shirley Corder

Cool post, thank you. I especially love the expression about turning old to gold! I could have used that in my post on the A to Z challenge for the letter Y, where I talk about how to revitalize old posts. Have a great weekend. X is for the X factor as you Build a Better Blog. #AtoZchallenge.

28/04/2017 at 19:15
  • Reply Carol ("Mimi")

Good tips! Sometimes it’s hard to pick yourself up and keep going. A “long weekend in Paris” sounds like a dream — best city in the world.

28/04/2017 at 20:50
  • Reply Carol A Cassara

I think it is really important to vent your emotions, to let them out. A journal is a good idea, a gratitude journal does rearrange thinking and is so necessary but also we need an outlet for those other thoughts. I talk to my husband.

15/08/2017 at 15:49
  • Reply MaryBeth Crissman

Thanks for this. Especially now. It makes me think of the Mr. Rogers quotation — β€œWhen I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

15/08/2017 at 16:12