#MyTravelRules

I have been nominated by Giulia blogger of ilgustodigiulia , for this lovely tag named ” My travel rules”! Thank you Giulia, I love your blog and I was very glad when I read about your nomination 🙂

The tag was originally ideated in italian by Daniela from thedazbox.blog, the main point of it is to describe which are the aspects that you consider mostly important or things you’re used to do when planning a travel.

It actually made me think for a while since when I plan a trip is so automatic for me doing certain steps that I do not consider them that special.

1. HOW DO I ACTUALLY GET TO THE PLACE?

Once I (or we – I usually always travel with someone) chose the destination, the research of the best (and cheapest if possible) way of transport starts. I usually use skyscanner.net , expedia.com or edreams.comedreams.com for plane tickets, the national train company website if I intend to go by train or if I’m going by bus (yeah, it’s way longer  but WAY cheaper – ideal for student budget 😉 )I’d check megabus.commegabus.com or nationalexpress.com 😉

Transportation

2. WHERE AM I STAYING?

After booking the tickets I immediately look for the accomodation. I’ve often stayed in hostels (again, great for student budget 😉 ), Bed&Breakfasts or AirBnB apartments, which is actually the solution I prefer! BUT in any case the main ruel here is to check how far the place is from the centre of the city AND from the position where I arrive.

Accomodation

3. HOW DO I MOVE AROUND?

The next research I’d be doing from home is gathering information about the best way to move around once there, if there are any special turist deals or if it’s actually more convenient to buy daily tickets , since I tend to prefer walking rather than taking any kind of transport 😉

Transportationinthecity

4. WHAT DO I MUST NOT MISS TO VISIT THERE?

Of course, as a blogger, the first place where I look for the best things to do while there/what not to miss is by visiting other blogs and reading about their experience! Also if I have friends who went there already (or even better who live there) I’d definitely ask for advice especially about the customs and habits 🙂

mustnotmiss

Cafè de Flore – A very famous Cafè in Paris that you can’t miss!

Another thing that I love doing, is taking a free walking tour. Once I booked everything I always check the website of neweuropetours.eu if they have tours in the city I’m visiting. The association is present in many European cities and works on a “tip” policy, at the end of the tour you are entitled to rate how much you’d pay for the tour. What I like about them is that all the tours are done by people who live there since a long time and they do not tell you the “usual boring stuff” but they actually dig in the stories behind. Also, besides these free walking tours they offer other tours which are usually cheaper than other companies or associations. I usually do this tour the first day I arrive to the place so that I can have an overview of the city, orient myself and eventually evaluate which are the attractions I want to see with more attention.

Thanks again Giulia for nominating me, it was a very fun tag!

I’m nominating:

Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | Bloglovin

Great resources and such beautiful photos <3 Thank you, Lisa. Traveling is so much fun.
    Many blessings and happy travels my friend,
    Debbie

24/02/2017 at 7:35

Ciao Lisa! fantastica l’idea dell’associazione che organizza tour in questa maniera, vado subito a sbirciare sul loro sito…e bella anche l’idea di girare con loro appena arrivati per farsi un’idea del posto con indicazioni originali e garantite! 🙂

24/02/2017 at 18:16

Si guarda mi trovo benissimo! Fammi sapere se proverai uno dei loro tour! Buona serata e buona settimana 🙂

26/02/2017 at 19:54
  • Reply Lulu

Thanks for these great tips and for providing the tips about the websites! When I travel, I think I spend the majority of my pre-trip planning on finding the best hotel and on researching the best transportation options, so I will definitely check out the sites that you suggest when I plan my next trip. I love kayak.com, because I usually travel by plane and it compares all of the major airlines on one site, but I often just use the same airline so that I can get the frequent flyer miles (for travel within the US, I LOVE Southwest Airlines). I’ve never booked with AirBnB, but I’ve gone on trips with friends who found our rooms using it, and I really want to try it for myself!

26/02/2017 at 0:24

Oh thank you for the tip! I’ll defintiely check kayak.com out! And yes you definitely should, I find AirBnb a great site! 🙂
      Thanks for reading Lulu! 🙂

26/02/2017 at 19:53
  • Reply Three Brits

This was a great post to read!!
    We love travelling too, and your pictures are beautiful!

26/02/2017 at 18:23

Interesting insights and some tips I didn’t know about! Thanks for sharing 😉

26/02/2017 at 18:56
  • Reply Always A Foreigner

Loved reading your responses about how you travel! Great to find your blog, I’m loving your content. 🙂

27/02/2017 at 0:07
  • Reply Favourite Blog Posts of Last Week – Ella May Garrett

[…] from From Dream to Plan did a post on Travel Rules this week which I loved. The heading that I totally agree with is ‘How Do I Move […]

27/02/2017 at 18:16
  • Reply Gemma

Great post.

27/02/2017 at 18:19
  • Reply Ella

Hey! Just commenting to let you know I featured this post on my Favourite Blog Posts of Last Week! https://ellamaygarrett.wordpress.com/2017/02/27/favourite-blog-posts-of-the-week/

27/02/2017 at 18:35
  • Reply Megan

Your blog is so unbelievably beautiful. I nominated you for an award https://meganelizabethlifestyle.com/2017/02/28/blogger-recognition-award/

28/02/2017 at 12:35
  • Reply Nano @ Travel With Nano B.

Thank you so much for nominating me, I’ll share mine soon!! These are some very useful tips, especially for those who are not experienced travelers and need to find good flight deals etc.

02/03/2017 at 8:47
  • Reply Seasiangirl

I love walking around places too ..great article

02/03/2017 at 10:04
  • Reply Traveling with Jenny pt 1. – SITBACKANDJUSTLIVE

[…] guys, today I’m going to do a tag that I was nominated for a few weeks back by Lisa: From Dream to Plan  So I’ll be incorporating the tag as well as putting my own little spin to […]

07/03/2017 at 19:07