5 Food Markets You Can’t Miss When Visiting London

If there’s one thing you’ll notice when walking around London, is the constant smell of food coming from restaurants, small stands on busy streets and…food markets! I’ve already listed 8 Indoor Markets you can’t miss when visiting London and I know I’ve promised you to write a post about the outdoor ones but since I’m still working on that I thought about doing one specific on food markets 🙂

1 | Camden Lock Market

I know I’ve cited this so many times but it’s one of the most famous and when it comes to food is one of the first markets I think about 🙂 I won’t be repetitive so I’ll just write you that you can read more about it here and here 🙂

Camden Market

One of the amazing lunches I had in Camden market with a friend

2 | Borough Market

Again, a very well known market (which I’ve cited in this post as well 😉 ) that sells both fresh fruit and vegetables, spices and cheese. But, there’s also a part where you can enjoy ready-cooked dishes, like the pictures in the linked post 🙂

3 | Maltby Street Market

This hidden south-east London market will surprise make you wonder how all those combinations of stalls, under-arch shops, pop-up bars and eateries can actually fit in such a narrow street. Bare in mind though that it’s just a weekend market (Opening Times: Saturday 9am – 4pm & Sunday 11am – 4pm) and due to its small size it tends to be busy quite fastly.

Maltby Street Market Entrance

One of the many food stands of Maltby Street Market

4 | Hampstead Market

As stated here, Hampstead is special for being an are of London since it doesn’t really feel like being in London when you’re around there. And it’s Saturday market (Opening Times: 10am-3pm), embodies this theme as well. All the stands sell fresh food coming directly from farmers, bakers and many other “makers”.

Hampstead Saturday Market

One of the food stands at the Hampstead Saturday Market

5 | Portobello Road Market

To conclude this foodie list, Portobello Road Market needs to be cited! It’s a very well known market but not everyone is aware of the fact that after the looooong sequence of stalls selling anything you can imagine, from vintage stuff to collections items, there’s a quite big street food market!

The Spanish stand at the Food Portobello Road Market

Have you ever been to one of these markets or do you have other food markets in London to suggest? I’d love to hear from you! 🙂

Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | Bloglovin

• Reply Julie

Great Post! Love the photos!

31/05/2017 at 2:37
  • Reply Life...One Big Adventure

Thanks for the insight into a completely different side of London! The English are not known for their food so it is good to see there is enough sustenance to satisfy the most demanding gourmet! Mel

31/05/2017 at 7:10

Broadway Market in Hackney is awesome as well! There’s such a great variety of delicious food. And bonus if you walk a little farther next to the (super chill) park there’s some more stalls and a terrace with a live DJ. It’s a really cool place that I recommend! x

31/05/2017 at 15:49
  • Reply elizabeth

Wow, lots of cool markets to visit there! I know I’d have to be going to see them all! Great shots too! Thanks!

01/06/2017 at 1:37
  • Reply Cathy Lawdanski

I love food markets! What fun places to visit in London. I had no idea!

01/06/2017 at 13:09
  • Reply Myrrazen Kate

Hi, Lisa! Just wanted to let you know that I put you in my blog roll. Here’s the link: http://www.myrrazenkate.com/blog-roll/. Will always love your blog. Have a great day!

– Myrra

05/06/2017 at 16:47

Hey Myrra! So nice hearing from you and thank you so much for thinking about me! Hope you’re well! Have an amazing weekend! 🙂

10/06/2017 at 10:12
  • Reply CraftyArtistKC

I do not travel, but I love the idea behind markets. This is a place where people can show off their skill and come together with other like-minded individuals who all appreciate the local cuisine. To me, food = family. I always thought of it like I would never want to share a meal with my enemy, but the best way to get to know someone is to sit down and let them talk about whatever.
    Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures. I will just live vicariously through travel blogs that capture the essence of the world outside my own!

05/06/2017 at 17:12

I totally agree with your idea about markets and food! I’m glad you liked the post and thank you for this lovely comment! 🙂

10/06/2017 at 10:11
  • Reply Whodoido

I’m a huge foodie and have only been to Portabello market! Thanks for the tips and sharing!

05/06/2017 at 23:15
  • Reply Juliette

Hi Lisa,
    I visit family in London all the time and haven’t made it to all of these wonderful markets! Next time I’m in town I’ll be sure to stop by a few 🙂
    xx
    Juliette

16/06/2017 at 7:36
  • Reply Laura

I am huge fan of flea markets and street food stalls. This post was great. Next time I go to London I will surely check out some of these. The last time I completely ignored that Portobello Road Market had food stands.

21/06/2017 at 15:57
  • Reply fromdreamtoplan - 4 Places Where To Escape London in London - fromdreamtoplan

[…] Another great point is that Hampstead is located in Zone 2 so you can easily and rapidly reach the area by underground! Oh, and if you go there on a Saturday don’t forget to check out their small but full of foodie goodies market! […]

31/08/2017 at 23:41