How To Enjoy The Perfect Day-Trip From Toronto To The Niagara Falls

Despite I’m seeing and visiting so many amazing places, the day I went to see the Niagara Falls is still one of my favourite (for now! ๐Ÿ™‚ ).

Unless you have a car (which I didn’t), I strongly recommend booking a tour! There are loads and at different prices…you can book it online or visit a touristย centre as soon as you arrive in Toronto so yeah, you have plenty of choices! What I’d recommend paying attention to though, is what “extras” do the tour offer. There are some that just bring you to the Niagara Falls, leave you there a couple of hours and then come and pick you up, while other include other activities as well. Mine, for instance, brought us at the super pretty town close by called Niagara-On-The-Lake and we had the possibility to spend there nearly an hour (is not that big so it’s enough time!). After this, we wentย to a winery estate where we had a free tasting of two kinds of wines, which yeah it was nice but not a thing that I’d say is unmissable. Finally, we arrived at the Niagara Falls where we had 3 hours to spend as we wanted! Overall it has been a pretty full day and I loved the fact that I got to see something more than “just” the falls.

Indeed, Niagara-On-The-Lake is suuuuch a pretty town that you can’t miss when passing by there! It’s quite Poche, there are plentyย of amazing cottages and houses but walking around those streets full of flowers and lovely decorations will make you smile and want to stay there all day!

One of the many pretty buildings in Niagara-On-The-Lake

It’s typically a holiday town so the general atmosphere is very relaxed and there are many pretty shops to look at! Also, as stated earlier, the amount of nice cottages there is very abundant so if you’re looking for house inspo, that’s the place to be! ๐Ÿ™‚

The perfect place for a lovely walk!

Passing by this floweryย town will make you happy and even more mentally ready to face the second part of the day actually, the gem of the day…the Niagara Falls!

Oh dear, what a thrill realising to be there in front of this amazing beauty that nature created! I believe that in front of these kinds of places you just feel so powerless and little that you actually realise how you and your problems are just a very little piece of the whole puzzle. Anyway, closing this reflective note and going back to the “technical” issues. Also here, of course, you have the possibility to chooseย to do a guided tour, boat tour or to go up the tower and see the falls from a higher view.

Personally, I took the boat tour, (yeah, the one that you get so close to the Falls that you practically shower for free!) it costs around 23$ and personally I think it’s totally worth it! Wearing those red small plastic capes and getting so near to the falls makes you really realise “wow, it’s real, I’m here!!”

Boat tour situation

View from the boat

But I can understand this is a personal thought and there might be people not that interested in getting wet ๐Ÿ™‚

No worries, the walk along the view of the falls is very nice and you actually manage to take loads of nice pictures from there!

The walk along the view of the falls

Or as mentioned earlier, you can go up the “mini CN tour” and see them from there (the entry fee for this is around 12$). In any of these cases, I think you’d enjoy your time!

What about you, have you ever been to the Niagara Falls? Did you book a tour or went there by yourself? I’d love to hear from you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | Bloglovin

• Reply Anubhav

I really needed to see this blog!! I am planning a tour somewhere in october where I will be staying in Toronto for 2-3 days and I will plan a day tour to Niagara falls. So your blog-post really gave a good insight! Which guide tour would you actually suggest whom I get in touch with beforehand?

28/06/2017 at 13:47

I’m glad to hear it’s a useful post! ๐Ÿ™‚ I went on this one: http://www.bgniagaratours.com/ and I liked the fact that’s a small group (like 18 people) the guide was very nice and it includes a stop-over to Niagara-on-the-Lake, wine tasting and 3 “free” hours at the Niagara Falls ๐Ÿ™‚ Let me know if you need other tips for yout trip! I’m sure you’ll love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

30/06/2017 at 16:00
  • Reply Shirley Corder

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing. No, I’ve never been to Niagra Falls and never will get there. But I’ve been to Victoria Falls several times, as it’s on the same continent as me. These gigantic falls are amazing sights, aren’t they? I smiled when I saw all the tourists in raincoats. We also have to wear them when we enter the “Rain Forest” near the Vic Falls. Lost on a road trip. #Share Your World

28/06/2017 at 16:32

Yes it’s such an amazing experience being in front of this natural beauty! Oh I saw pictures of the Vicotria Falls and they look stunning as well! ๐Ÿ™‚
      Thanks for stopping by Shirley! ๐Ÿ™‚

30/06/2017 at 15:50
  • Reply Natalie

Looks like an amazing time! I’d love to visit Niagara falls someday, it looks so beautiful!

29/06/2017 at 0:01

Your article came in very handy! I’m going to Niagara Falls next weekend and after I read this I can’t wait!! Enjoy your time in Canada!

29/06/2017 at 15:10

Oh I’m so glad to hear this Julia! Have an amazing time, I’m sure you’ll love it!! ๐Ÿ™‚

30/06/2017 at 15:48

Oh Lisa, how fun! Thanks for sharing. The boat tour looks great, and what a beautiful town. <3

You are welcome to make a contribution for Forgiving Fridays if you want to! It's a new prompt where I'm encouraging readers to share something that inspires forgiveness, it could be creative like a quote or story, or even a photo or video (or a place you visit). To contribute, just link to my latest Forgiving Friday post & include #ForgivingFridays in your tags.

Here's the link to my latest post: https://forgivingconnects.com/2017/06/23/todays-forgiving-fridays-taking-a-leap-of-faith/

Sending you blessings, Lisa – lovely to connect. <3
    Debbie

29/06/2017 at 22:56

Thank you for reading Debbie!

Oh that’s such a great idea! I’ll think about it and then I’ll definitely participate! Thank you for letting me know!

Have a great weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

30/06/2017 at 15:47
  • Reply Lorelle

I have never been to Niagara Falls, it looks amazing. Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

30/06/2017 at 9:04

Oh I definitely recommend you to go if you have the opportunity, such an amazing place! Thank you for stopping by, I’ll definitely check out your blog! ๐Ÿ™‚

30/06/2017 at 15:44
  • Reply Christine

I really could do with a vacation/trip right now…awesome photography!

30/06/2017 at 13:39
  • Reply Jennifer

I’ve been to Niagara Falls several times, but never ventured down the road to Niagara on the Lakes. Seeing your pictures has inspired me to want to go again!

30/06/2017 at 16:04
  • Reply Samantha Smith

I love your blog Lisa! You’re definitely one to follow ๐Ÿ˜Š Your blog title is excellent & your ‘doing things out of the comfort zone’ is just up my street ๐Ÿ˜Š Glad I found your blog! Oh & id love to see Niagra Falls it looks amazing ๐Ÿ˜Š

30/06/2017 at 20:55
  • Reply Therie

Oh the Niagara Falls is just majestic! I love how massive it is! Would love to know the name of the boat tour agency you took? Thanks, Lisa!

03/07/2017 at 11:08
  • Reply Leen

Great post and photos! I visited the Niagara Falls when I was a little kid, so I don’t really remember anything :/
    -Stay inspired