The results of the Insta-stories poll about adding “book reviews” as section on my blog, were quite clear (and super motivating, thank you!). So here’s my first book review post about The Idea In You by Martin Amor and Alex Pellew.
Why This Book
I actually saw this book on the Instagram feed of Ana from thesheapporach.com and after that moment (sounds funny I know) I’ve heard about it so much that my cuoriosity reached high levels. Plus, already from the title I quite expected it was one of “my type” of books -I’m a total lover of real-life experience books, educational and motivational books! So I jumped on Amazon and as soon as it arrived it became my best commuting mate!
Book Structure & Content
As the title suggests, this book is made to make your idea glow! Okay, this might sound cheesy but it really is a step by step guide to take that dream, passion or just thought of yours a real and functioning thing/business/whatever it is. What I really appreciated about the book though is that it doesn’t give for granted that you have an idea. Loads of book I read about achieving goals, planning, ecc. started all the story telling by assuming that you had already a goal, a dream, a specific idea. But, let’s admit it, it’s not that everyone has one and that’s okay! There are loads of people out there who actually want to become creators (term used by the book to define anyone who wants to make an idea come true) but do not have anything that they feel worth creating (yet). And that’s what makes the book more realistic and relatable than others: it start from zero. It gives you hints and tips (unerlining how important it is to have passions and hobbies) about how you could actually find the idea and how actually ANYTHING could be THE idea!
The book embraces the “DO IT NOW” Approach and not just by explaining you how to actualy do, build and make your idea successful. At the ned of each chapter there’s a “DO IT NOW” box, in which there are practical and realistic actions that you can do now (yes, now! As soon as you finish reading the chapter!). Which not only motivates you to do it immediately but it also feels like a guide advising you the best way to approach it since it’s based on previous experiences.
This is another great point about the book, it’s based on real-life experiences! And not just the authors experiences but other idea creators as well who shared their journey in making their idea come true.
To sum up, the remarkable features of this book are:
- It starts from 0 – It guides you throughout all the process from finding THE idea to making it a success.
- It’s full of practical advice – Not only there are many real-life stories from differt creators, at the end of each story there’s a “How you can do as (creator name)” box with realistic tips and actions.
- It’s filled with inspiring quotes – I know there are people not obsessed with quotes as much as I am but in this context and due to the type of quotes reported, they are very useful for some extra motivation!
- It’s encouraging – It’s not just a book, it’s an actual community of creators! Indeed, you can head to creatorcommunity.mn.co and connect both with the people mentioned in the book and with any other creators subscribed to the platform! Share ideas, ask for advice or simply get more inspiration!
- It’s realistic resource – Having real-experience stories already makes it realistic but what is even more helpful is the “Collection of resources for creators” in the last part of the book.
This Book Is Perfect For You If..
- You don’t have a specific idea (yet) but you know you want to make something that could change your life!
- You have an idea but don’t really know where to start, who to ask or how to make it actually work.
- You have plenty of ideas and don’t really know which one cold be THE one.
- You started working on your idea but you lack of motivation/you are stuck.
- MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: You are willing to challenge yourself and do thing (yep, this is pretty necessary in order to make all these useful advices in practice)
If after reading this post you thought “Yessss this is exactly the book I need!” you can purchase it on Amazon or via the official website theideainyou.com.
Since it’s my first book review I’s appreciate feedback and eventual comments about anything I could add (or take away!), so I’d be grateful if you’d leave any suggestions here below, DM me on Instagram or on Twitter!
Have you read/heard about this book already? I’d love to hear your opinions about it!